One of the coolest parts of Venice was the Giardini or garden. It was at one end of the island and it was just a getaway and completely different from the rest of Venice. It was a huge park and garden where parents could take kids and anyone could go to relax. Venice being a island created by the people, doesn’t have much greenery through out the island so it was pretty cool to have a different setting to take photographs in. This was one of my unused shots for the same story telling assignments a few posts back.
To achieve this, I puts the camera on a tripod and continuous shot. As Brian approached I started snapping away and then using masks i blended all the photos together in photoshop.
Endi and I decided to try the Newton Hill golf course for the first time. this weekend. To our surprise the course is very varied and has a good mix of long and short holes. All was fun until the last hole where I totally lost it and Endi took the lead. The photo above is from the top of Newton Hill on hole 14 or so. It seemed like a good idea to get picture like this until Endi missed the putt but due to my editing skills we don’t know that he missed.
The photo above is done by taking multiple pictures from the same position and then masking the frisbee from each picture onto a single frame. The photo is touched up in Photoshop and has some Nik filters applied.
In front of my house there is an elementary school that is on a slight hill. Well, during winter break Endi and I decided to build a jump and practice 180s and try to learn a 360. The picture above sums up how the day went. We had a lot of fun and the jump came out pretty good actually. We each landed a few tricks but didn’t really learn anything new. The weather was very nice that day though so we did get to snowboard in T-Shirts.
To achieve the effect above I used a tripod mounted camera set on continuous shoot. I used a wireless remote to trigger the shutter so there was no camera movement from one picture to the next. This along with the tripod ensured the background would remain the same in all the pictures. I then brought them all into Photoshop into separate layers and with a little bit of layer masking was able to achieve the result above.